AdventurerIX’s Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by AdventurerIX, Jan 5, 2018.

1. AdventurerIX

AdventurerIX Member Staff Member Helper

Application

Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): yes

Minecraft IGN: AdventurerIX

Location and timezone: New Hampshire USA Eastern Standard Time

Age (age 14 minimum): 21

Interests: Video games, Music, Computers

How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 4 days 10 hours 45 minutes

Do you have a mic (yes/no): yes

Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)? Yes

Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): chippy_chipmunk, BlueBree, Nek0n, NyanCat, Dinorexx, seantheripper999,

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM):

I’m a motivated and very caring individual, what I want most out of the community is for others to feel accepted the way I have, since I’ve joined I have watch other players get online and be helped by the current staff and regular players alike, I have been making sure everyday to do the same, so far I have made sure to be active in discord everyday to get to know the players of the server and become friends with them, I hope the friendships I have made here will last a lifetime and I hope to make even more friends during my time on the server. I also have been making an Atempt to try and communicate with those that don’t use discord and there for are often left out of a lot of conversations and could feel like they are not wanted. I make sure to welcome all new players and let them know I’m here to help them in any way I can. I took my first step not that long ago by applying to be the water and psychic gym and it has helped me get to know players who otherwise weren’t talking that much on their server.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM):

I have years of experience in hosting small servers, being mod and admin on other servers in Minecraft and Garry’s Mod. Every time I join a server my first thought is is this a welcoming community that I want to be apart of, and most times this is true. Those are the servers I stay on and make friends on, and those are the servers that I use all my effort to make sure others feel as welcomed as I did and join in on the fun, and comradery. I’m not the most strict person when I have been a staff member (unless the situation calls for it then I am very stern on what I have to say) I like to follow the guidlines of the server enforcing rules and making sure others still feel welcome, a simple example of this is if a player was saying inappropriate things on the server I would give them a warning and tell them to stop or else face punishment, if they stop I let them be with the lesson they have now learned, if not I give them whatever the first time offender punishment is and then escalate it to higher punishments if the are a repeat offender. I like to participate in making events for players that give them a good time, and will take all the time I can out of my day to do so. I’ve always been a very caring person and overall I just want to help this community grow and be like a family. I am very calm and level headed, I look at issues from both sides before comming to a conclusion on an issue, my patience is extremely high so I have no problem having to help anyone no matter what I might be doing for my own personal gain, I’d rather help others then benefit myself, in example so far every time I am challenged on the server as a gym leader I accept the battle no mater what or tell them to give me a moment to finish something up and that I will accept, if I miss a notification in the chat I message the person personally to let them know I’m sorry and that they may now challenge me if they still wish to.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM):

I have not been here for anywhere near when this server started and most of my knowledge of its history comes from players who have been here for a long time so I honestly can’t say much to that part, as for how there community works from what I’ve seen the community is very active and helpful, they make sure others are always welcomed and feel comfortable on the server, most people if they have an issue with someone are very much open to compromise or working things out, all of which in my opinion are very integral parts of keeping a happy and blossoming community. As stated above I have been staff on many servers, I’ve been playing Minecraft since the beta days and Pokémon since about 2000, I know a lot of different plugins and how they work and I am confident in my ability to uphold the responsibilities of a staff member. My personal job makes me take on a lot of responsibilities and cooperating with multiple people who all do different things as well as organization. In This community I have noticed has a large age range of player making it very important to learn how to both keep the older players happy and able to have a good time but while making sure they arnt exposing younger players to innapropriate things or bullying them. Through out all of high school and middle school I was friends with a lot of troubled kids, kids who needed help with depression or just general problems in their life that were causing them anxiety. So at this young age I took it upon myself to act as a therapist for them to express problems to and give them advice. As a result of doing this for so long I have been able to understand all kinds of different situations and how to approach them. I have seen these situations come up on this server and have talked to the people who were having problems because I wanted them to know that someone was there to help them, I think that being there for your community even when it has nothing to do with the game is also very important to keeping a healthy and happy server. So many people use games as an escape from their lives. As a place where they can relax and forget about their problems. So I always want to help others to make sure that they don’t have problems in a place that they likely consider to be their safe haven away from a reality they may not be happy with.

In conclusion to all of this, I am very thankful for the opportunities I have been given on this server to be who I am and make great friends, all of you have made my life infinitely better and I’m glad to have met you all, I plan to keep helping all of you no matter what and would love to make more friends in the future on this server.

2. Dinorexx

Dinorexx Member

good luck :]

AdventurerIX likes this.
  3. NyanCats911

NyanCats911 #oof4life Staff Member Helper

Good luck!

AdventurerIX and Dinorexx like this.
  4. DarkVampy2017

DarkVampy2017 Well-Known Member Staff Member Helper

:eek: Bork Bork Good Luck (should've and can still can add me to your refers :) )

Dinorexx and AdventurerIX like this.
  5. AdventurerIX

Ty vampy and I can’t edit it or I’d add you in

Dinorexx likes this.
  6. Dragirintos

Dragirintos Well-Known Member

Good Luck!! ;)

7. MININGLORD5672

MININGLORD5672 Well-Known Member

Gl adventure!

8. Lewis398

Lewis398 Well-Known Member

Good Luck!!

AdventurerIX and Dinorexx like this.
  9. KingMatrey

KingMatrey Member

good luck

AdventurerIX likes this.
  10. seantheripper999

seantheripper999 Well-Known Member

Reference confirmed, excellent person, very mature.

AdventurerIX likes this.
  11. KingMatrey

KingMatrey Member

also, i be a refer

AdventurerIX likes this.
  12. Chippy_Chipmunks

Chippy_Chipmunks Active Member

gl, confirm reference, good for staff

AdventurerIX likes this.
  13. AdventurerIX

So im going to add this because i jump over part of the last question because i honestly missunderstood what it was asking for. I read how the community works and i was trying to answer specifically how the community it self works in talking to eachother and getting along. So I will add this just so that it is know that i know this info, whether this counts as part of my app or is too late doesnt really matter to me as i just want to get this off my chest after feeling kind of stupid for not realizing what needed to be said.

I know the server started on the 27th of march 2015, the server has had a few restarts since then and the owner is Shmeeb. The community follows a set of rules that are enforced by the staff of the server and most regular players will also make sure that others adhere to these rules as well. These rules can be found easily in game through the command /rules and on the forums as well. The punishment for each rule is different and range from Warnings to Jail Time or a Mute, and as far as a Ban from the server. A player can appeal bans and other punishment on the forums and an unban can also be bought from the store for 30$. As well in the store a player can donate money to get perks, they can donate to get a rank with certain permanant abilities such as extra homes, bigger player vaults, access to warps, flying, and god mode. These ranks also come with other one time awards to the player of in game currency, items, and pokemon. You can also buy several pokemon from the store such as Legendary pokemon, shiny legendary pokemon , shiny starters, eevee, ditto, and specific groups of legendary pokemon. You can also donate for kits that can be used either daily or every other day depending on the kit. These kits can give you items like God Tools, keys, tokens, and shiny pokemon. You can also buy keys to open the various chests located at spawn (great, ultra, master, and shiny). There are other small perks you can buy such as Nicknames, extra homes, hats, sashes, etc. Kindness donations are also an option for those who wish to donate for no reward. Events are created by staff and now also can be suggested by players on the forums and then made official by staff. These events happen usually on weekends and range from fun activities for the community, drop parties as a reward for donations made to the server, and simple events like spleef and parkour.

This concludes extra info that i felt i should have added in my application.

MININGLORD5672 and NyanCats911 like this.
  14. Luck5t3r

Luck5t3r Well-Known Member

GL

AdventurerIX likes this.
  15. Hugamouse

Hugamouse Zman'sTheMurderer Staff Member Admin

Accepted