GodAva's Application

Discussion in 'Helper Applications' started by GodAva, Nov 5, 2018.

1. GodAva

GodAva Member

Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes

Minecraft IGN: GodAva

Location and timezone: Aest

Age (age 14 minimum): 14

Interests:
    Minecraft, Music (I play violin and piano), art, and pandas!

How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 22 days, 1 hour

Do you have a mic (yes/no): No

Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)? Very much so yes.

Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper):
    ListenDown
    Quest_w_spillage
    ImpulsiveIdeas (i.e Iateleftovers)

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM):
    Thats a really open question. I can offer my time, and experience as staff. I can bring some light to those on the server having a bad time. The key to a server succeeding and being alive is whether or not you have someone there willing to make that connection every time someone new joins. Thats what I can offer. I’ve never met someone I couldn’t help or be a friend for. That player will feel like they’re part of something and come back purely because of that person-to-person connection. I can also offer myself. Give me any task, and I will complete it to help players along. Even if I don’t know how to complete the task, I will put my full effort into learning as quickly as possible. Anything I cant accomplish on my own, I know how to delegate properly so it doesn’t just sit unfinished. I like to put the full force of my effort towards helping people. I can also bring waffles. Just saying. :)

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM):
    The main reasons I feel I should be accepted are my ability to read people and situations, and my experience. I’ve been staff on many, many servers. I know how to adapt to most situations and the variables involved. I also know how to multi-task and prioritize so I can enjoy the server the same time as helping it, but knowing when I need to step up to my role and pull the extra weight needed. I also have 10x the average ability to be online than most people, and can quite easily cover the holes where usually no staff are online. Another reason I think you should accept me is even though there have been some rough patches with other staff, I’m an active and positive part of pv’s community. I strive every day for nothing else but to make it a better place for everyone to enjoy. Where rules and getting legends aren’t the only things that matter, but treating each other as humans, and attempting to be the best version of ourselves. I've spent ages reflecting and making myself a better member of pv, and I feel like my usefulness as a player has reached its height. Yes, I can continue helping as one, but I know I have so much more potential if you guys allow me the chance to thrive.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM):
    Starting off with history, the server has reset 3 times since it started in March 2015. We’ve recently switched modpacks from pixelmon generations, to pixelmon reforged. There are currently 2 admins (Hugamouse, Zman) for pv, one of them on leave. The sr mods (Zeref, whitewolf, ira) pick up where the admins leave off. The community mainly runs off player support, everyone helping each other out, especially those way more experienced with pokemon in general. Always being friendly is key to being part of the community on pv as we don’t rlly have the need or want for toxic players here just to make others have a bad time.

Running a server is more than just knowing the right buttons to press. You need to be able to connect with the players as well as keep yourself at a distance to remain professional. You need to be able to adhere to the rules and while yes always enforce them, use them as a guide to help players enjoy the server more. It’s not just a one your done type a thing. They’re goals put in place for every player to be able to enjoy playing. However saddly often people break them, sometimes on purpose. The best way to handle that is be understanding but strict. Connect with the player instead of just punishing them.

Past enforcing rules, you have server maintenance. Which includes event planning, building,server improvements, fixing glitches, and making the server a smoother gameplay. I have been staff on many servers. Recently I was the dev/builder/Sr.Admin for a Vampire/WW/Slimefun/ElementBending/Factions/Towny server called Craftlords. Previously, I’ve been a co-owner / dev / head-spell dev / on AMS networks. Ive been builder/dev/banned and other assorted staff on many other servers. I know plenty about keeping a server alive as well as changing enough to keep players active. I also know a key part of making improvements is the thoroughness involved. A half done job only results in chaos, and an unfinished mess. You need to be able to reliably cater to donors as well as find a balance that allows it to not be broken. I also know that running a server isn’t easy at all, most of the time its a struggle and requires sacrifice. You have to be able to take insults for hard work and keep smiling so you don’t let it get you down. You also need to be able to understand how the community works to be able to adapt. The most important part however,are the staff team.Without the proper tiers of staffall giving there help, the server would fall into chaos.Even gym leaders serve a function in keeping things running smoothly.The diversity of staff has to match that of players, so that there’s always a connection that can be made. That way there’s always someone to help. That balance can be hard to find sometimes. Thankfully pv seems to have it down.

Thank you so much for considering me for staff, I hope to continue to prove to you how much pv means to me. I hope to continue working with staff in making pv a safe place for everyone no matter the outcome.

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

GL

GodAva likes this.
  3. ListenDown

ListenDown Member

goodluck ^-^ <3

4. JakeCat

JakeCat (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member Admin

Good luck Ava,

Although I haven't known you for a long time I do see a spark in you and I feel like you are and will continue to grow as a person and player. I love how you challenge not only players and staff's doings, but you also give them feedback on how to improve. You're always there to help in chat when others aren't there/there and you have an extensive and extraordinary knowledge of Pixelmon, Minecraft, Pokémon and I'm sure a lot more too.

I'd love to see you as helper and I know for a fact you'd do a great job, good luck and I wish you the best.

Jake.

5. Gingie

Gingie Active Member

Good luck Ava!

6. NyanCats911

NyanCats911 #oof4life Staff Member Mod

Good luck!

7. ForeverAva

ForeverAva AnGeL Staff Member Helper

Good luck ASHY!! :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  8. Pak

Pak Well-Known Member

Good luck ava!!!!

9. Undead_Fury

Undead_Fury Member

No mic in 2018 o_O,But GL Ava!

10. ListenDown

ListenDown Member

I also wanted to add that you have taught me so much already about what makes a server a good server that functions well. You've put in so much time and effort into Pv purely out of wanting to make people enjoy their time more. I've seen you work so so hard to improve yourself, and work through issues on the server that come up. I personally think you are the perfect person for the job, if people are willing to give you the chance to prove it to them.

11. Dubalitro

Dubalitro Member

About time you applied for Staff! Good luck!! I'm sure you got what it takes ^-^
    Was gonna say to refer me, but I see it's already sorted :p. Good luck Ava.

12. GodAva

GodAva Member

Thanks for the support everyone ^-^

JakeCat likes this.