Kata's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Helper Applications' started by Katastrophy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Katastrophy

Katastrophy Member

Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): That I have :)
    Minecraft IGN: Katastrophy_x
    Location and timezone: England, GMT
    Age (age 14 minimum): 28
    Interests: Music (Particularly alternative), Playing Videogames, reading and writing stories, hanging out with friends and baking (whenever the Oven doesn't want to explode on me xD)
    How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 10 Days, 21 Hours and 50 Minutes.
    Do you have a mic (yes/no): Yes
    Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)?: Yes
    Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): ZerefDragneel_ and I believe Gingie_
    How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM): As an active member of the community, I come on the server on a daily basis and help out whenever staff have been unavailable or otherwise engaged in business - examples of this would be when new players come on at various times and ask for advise on how to get to certain places, how to catch pokemon etc. I can also boaster the community's spirit with my friendly disposition and my willingness to help those around me. When it comes to the rules of the server, I have a clean record and have been on this server for roughly a year now (Anniversary hits 13th February). I do not mind reminding people of the rules when necessary, and should an incident arise I am more than happy to act as a mediator to ensure the situation is handled as effectively as possible.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM): Having been on this server pre-restart, I have been given the opportunity to get to know a number of staff members and players a like. I carry a friendly disposition at all times, show empathy and am always willing to hear both sides of the story when incidents occur. I am helpful, offer to use my poké radar to help others find legendaries/shinies whenever they appear nearby and also willing to offer tips to those around me. On occasion, I have thrown various items (such as PCs) into UM for cheap so that people have a chance of gaining items early to help them on their own Pokéverse journeys. Due to IRL situations, I can also be summoned to come on the server at any given time of the day/night and will do my absolute best to help where required.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM): From the earliest record, Pokéverse started up March 2015 by Shmeeb and ran at version 3.4. Since the launch of the server, Shmeeb has worked hard at keeping the server updated, free of lag and glitches - with the latest update being version 6.3.4 which has promised even more updates, better FPS and better pokémon textures. Amusingly, it was also in 2015 that I started my own Minecraft journey and went from server to server trying to find one that kept my interest.

The way how I see this server running is akin to a SMP, in the respect that you go out into the wilds to gather your own materials, as one normally would, whilst also battling and capturing pokémon. Although there aren't many hostile mobs in the world (except for hidden in caves etc), there is still the need to carry a sword when one goes mining, or otherwise visits the Nether or The End.

The staff members, be they helpers, moderators, admins etc all co-exist with the players in order to build a friendly, and welcoming atmosphere. There is not a day that goes by when someone joins the server and has not been welcomed, nor asked for help in some shape or form. The staff team work to enforce the rules of the server, whilst also helping to make players smile whenever they're having a tough time in-game (and sometimes IRL).

As for my own knowledge of running a Minecraft server, I once served as the Moderator and Admin of a server which I have officially left, and at times have been called to help a friend's Roleplay server (although this has not been requested of me since December 2018). I know the ins and outs of working Minecraft Forums, the general commands given to staff members and how to defuse a situation when things tend to get somewhat hairy - especially when it comes to ban/warning appeals as emotions can run high at ties.

The last thing I want to say, is thank you to whoever reads over my application and I really do hope I will be given the opportunity to help the server - and to make other players smile like the staff team have been making me do!

Zeref likes this.
  2. Evo_x_evo

Evo_x_evo Angelic-Demon Prince Staff Member Mod

Confirming referral

Katastrophy likes this.
  3. Zeref

Zeref Author of Etherious Staff Member Admin

Officially confirming my referral as well. Good luck Kata! :)

Katastrophy likes this.
  4. Everburnelf

Everburnelf Well-Known Member

Good Luck Kata <3

Katastrophy likes this.