Listen's Helper App.

Discussion in 'Helper Applications' started by ListenDown, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ListenDown

ListenDown Member

Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes

Minecraft IGN: ListenDown

Location and timezone: Eastern standard time

Age (age 14 minimum): 20

Interests:
    Computer science, dancing tango, singing, rock climbing, and traveling!

How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check): 23 days 12 hours

Do you have a mic (yes/no): Yes

Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no): Yes

Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper):
    GodAva

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM):
    My goal every day on the server is to help players enjoy their time more and help answer questions and issues people have. I try to be a listening ear (pun intended) to people when it comes to having crummy days or having issues with other players. I can help people get along, progress in-game, understand the rules, and overall make their day a little bit better. I can help the day-to-day of the server run more smoothly, and act as a mediator in times of tension. I think it’s important for there to be a safe outlet for players to make complaints about, yes even rules and other staff members, without it creating ‘drama’. Sometimes there are players that greatly lack communication skills, and I can work with these players to help them sort out their feelings into words.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM):
    I think I should be accepted due to my drive to benefit the server, my skills as a communicative people-person, and my technological knowledge of how plugins work and how to debug them. I want nothing more than to strengthen both the community and the server in general. Server maintenance is hard, and with my project management experience and teamwork skills I think I can be very useful in maturing the workflow of maintenance on the server. I’m a very unbiased person and have a lot of experience with management, leadership, and coding. At the end of the day, I simply want to make the server a better place for anyone and everyone to feel welcomed and empowered to meet new friends.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM):
    The basic facts of the history of the server are that it was founded by our owner Shmeeb in March of 2015, after an initial mass pixelmon-server shut down due to copyright issues. The server has reset 3 times so far throughout its life, and currently has 15 total staff members (excluding the owner). We recently went through a modpack reversion back to pixelmon reforged. This was due to pixelmon generations causing many glitch issues that became too prevalent and severe for staff to handle effectively.
    Our community on pv is so wonderful, valuing friendliness and welcoming attitudes. Everyone tries to help each other, and more experienced players are always offering to teach the ins and outs of both the pixelmon mod and pokemon battle strategies. Pv has an especially open and warm atmosphere, where people seek to get to know each other as a priority over seeking to take advantage of others. On to running a server:
    Running a server isn’t (and shouldn’t) be easy. Running a server is more than how servers and hosts work on a technical level. It’s also more than simply coding and improving custom plugins that better fit your specific server’s community. It’s about keeping a community that’s positive, self reliant, and healthy for all the individuals who seek to partake in it. Running a server, on a policy level, means being open to change, and remaining flexible, while also maintaining direction and purpose. It’s impossible to conceive a server that is a perfect fit for every person who joins from across the world, so it’s staff’s job to help players adjust or communicate cultural expectations. Treating all players equally, but understanding that not all players come with positive intentions. While events help the server community flow and flourish, the role of a staff member is so much more than simply enabling player involvement with the server. Staff members are tasked with needing to be able to treat players that dislike them or disagree with their decisions fairly. It can be hard for people, to remain unbiased when they are directly targeted or triggered in some way, but it’s the responsibility of a staff member to be able to still function and carry out fair and compassionate moderation, even when upset.

Thanks for reading through all my answers! No matter what the outcome is, I’ll continue to be a part of the pv community and do my best to make everyone’s day a little bit better! :)

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

GL lis

ListenDown likes this.
  3. Gingie

Gingie Active Member

Good luck Listen!

ListenDown likes this.
  4. NyanCats911

NyanCats911 #oof4life Staff Member Mod

good luck!

ListenDown likes this.
  5. ForeverAva

ForeverAva AnGeL Staff Member Helper

Good Luck Lis, add me as a referral!! :D

ListenDown likes this.
  6. Pak

Pak Well-Known Member

Good luck listen!!!! You got this!

ListenDown likes this.
  7. ListenDown

ListenDown Member

Thanks guys! ^-^

8. NoisyPenguin

NoisyPenguin Moderator Staff Member Helper

good luck :)

ListenDown likes this.
  9. SonyXPeriaM

SonyXPeriaM Not A Weeb

Gl @listen

ListenDown likes this.
  10. ListenDown

ListenDown Member

Why you gotta @ me like that ;-;
    But thanks!!! :)

11. Pawnboy1

Pawnboy1 Well-Known Member

Good luck Listen!

ListenDown likes this.
  12. Dubalitro

Dubalitro Member

Hi mom. I always wondered whether or not I should suggest you to apply for staff. I guess I no longer need to ^-^. You may add me as a referral!!
    Pretty sure you have a good chance at this, but good luck regardless :D

ListenDown likes this.
  13. JakeCat

JakeCat (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member Admin

Good luck, Listen :3

ListenDown likes this.
  14. hideyourdonger

hideyourdonger Active Member

A bit late, but gl listen. You are a great support on this server.

ListenDown likes this.
  15. CobaltTopaz

CobaltTopaz Active Member

Gl Listen! You'll do great ^^

ListenDown likes this.
  16. ListenDown

ListenDown Member

Thanks guys so much. Your support means a lot!! <3

17. Mousemonster

Mousemonster Well-Known Member

Good Luck Listen! :D